VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-24-2019, 09:19 PM

Also consider coin-size battery-operated quartz clocks and quartz pocket watches, that is if you want a clock with hands. There are also battery operated digital clocks.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:30 PM

There is not a lot of panel space if you have dual MFDs. Since the MFDs have time displays I would not want to give up panel real estate for a simple clock. I have the first generation avionics with the D180 and D100 combo. I added a FreeFlight ADS-B and second comm. When I wanted to add the VOR/ILS to shoot practice approaches I had to install a small sub panel under the throttle knob. Iíd save the real estate for future avionics developments rather than put in a clock.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSchaller View Post
There is not a lot of panel space if you have dual MFDs. Since the MFDs have time displays I would not want to give up panel real estate for a simple clock. I have the first generation avionics with the D180 and D100 combo. I added a FreeFlight ADS-B and second comm. When I wanted to add the VOR/ILS to shoot practice approaches I had to install a small sub panel under the throttle knob. Iíd save the real estate for future avionics developments rather than put in a clock.
All true Rich, but I don't have dual MFD's and don't need all that extra hardware, so I'm happy with a simple and completely unnecessary clock. In fact I just found a very nice Wittnaeur on eBay that is on its way and still have a new 12v backup handy (plus a watch and my iPhone) if I ever need one.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:46 PM

To each their own! Thatís what I love about ELSA and EAB: It gives us all the freedom to customize our steeds to our our unique visions. I hope it works out as you want.

Rich
Old 04-26-2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSchaller View Post
To each their own! Thatís what I love about ELSA and EAB: It gives us all the freedom to customize our steeds to our our unique visions. I hope it works out as you want.

Rich
Agreed. We're very lucky to be able to build and fly pretty much as and where we please. Now, if only I could get my radio to work properly! There's always something that needs fixing!