What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim tab hinge question E-721

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
I was working on my trim tab today and stumbled upon a question for you all. Let me preface this with I am probably thinking too hard about this but need someone to tell me that. As you can see in the picture below I didn't quite get the hinge positioned exactly like the drawing. My hinge was placed so that the trim tab starts with a tab/eyelet on the left; however, when you look at the drawing this first tab/eyelet should be on the elevator. The only thing that this causes is that there will be 18 tab/eyelets on the trim tab and 17 on the elevator side. The drawing actually shows 18 on the elevator and 17 on trim tab. I can't imagine how this would affect anything but maybe you do. Should I replace this hinge or slap my wrist for thinking waaaay too much into this.

trim tab hinge by Jereme Carne, on Flickr

I can't think of any reason that would cause a problem, but a quick email to Van's support would ease your mind for sure.

Just as suspected Van's response is "Eyelet location is not important, build on". Thanks for the replies.

Back