What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone using Steward Systems Primer have any updates after flying for a few years?

Ender

Like the subject says, anyone that used Ekoprime or Ekopoxy for interior priming have any updates for flying birds?

So far so good

I used stewart primer and paint the exterior. Been flying almost a year now and its held up fine, just as good as any other paint. I used both eko prime and eko poxy for priming, then ekocrylic as a top coat.

My plane has spent some time outdoors, but mostly hangered. I've been happy with it.

I have the same story to report as Robin8er. My plane has been flying almost 2 years and the paint has held up very well. No signs of wear or scratches. It is hanged except for trips and has been out is a couple of storms and flown through heavy rain.

I used Ecoprime on everything inside. On the outside I used Ecopoxy and both the acrylic and poly top coats.

Brian

Ekoprime sprayed on all the interior components. 6 years flying. Holding up well, but I have noticed that certain solvents will remove the primer quite easily.

Haven't flown yet, but I used white Ekopoxy for the seat back, the seat floor and the baggage floors. They've been rattling around the shop for months and the paint is unmarred. I'm planning on using a darker shade of it for the remaining interior.

Dave
RV-3B, working on the canopy installation

Rag

Which ones? When did you find yourself using solvent around the plane after it was done?

EkoPoxy primer on the exterior, covered by EkoCrylic. Two years flying. Airplane always habngared except at Oshkosh. Paint is wearing well, with no obvious defects related to the paint material itself. No bubbling, fading, hazing or similar evidence of failure of the paint.

Have these paints caused any allergic reactions such as rash? SPI epoxy primer worked great but gave me a rash.

Priming - stewart system - ekoprime

So let me ask what is possible a really dumb question(2 part),

I'm assuming the parts are primed completely then riveted together and the subsequent build up between the two parts is not sufficient enough to create problems? Are the rivets left uncoated or do you go back in after the fact and dobb them with primer?

or i could be reading them wrong and it's all primed after assembly.

Last edited:
Back