What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint in SoCal

chrisi456

I finished my RV-8 recently and I'm looking for a good place to have it painted, preferably in SoCal, I'm at Ramona airport. I can go to Kingman if the reviews are good, but I was looking in San Diego, Chino, maybe Riverside.

Any input is appreciated.

Art Craft in Santa Maria did ours, and we are extremely happy with the result.

CIMG2901-495x400.jpg

http://artcraftpaint.com/

There is a place called Aero Paint at Gillespie Field. I believe Bill from Ramona had his blue and white -9A done there. I had them do a two part epoxy on my fiberglass parts to hold me over until i get paint.

Corona Air Paint

We decided to go in another direction and have our plane painted in Tulsa, but I spoke to these guys several times and they gave me a great price, have a nice portfolio, and seemed easy to work with.....

Sorry Chris, Aero Paint Gillespie Field is no longer in business. Think the Kalifornia EPA made it just too difficult to do business. Corona or Riverside may be the best local choices unless you want to try your hand at painting it yourself.

Bill

I finished my RV-8 recently and I'm looking for a good place to have it painted, preferably in SoCal, I'm at Ramona airport. I can go to Kingman if the reviews are good, but I was looking in San Diego, Chino, maybe Riverside.

Closer is better, the more involved you are the happier you will be.....tired but happier

Nevada

I'd like to recommend Mathews Aviation in Yerington, NV. Just over that little hill from SoCal.

http://www.matthewsaviationnv.com/

They did my 9A and I am very pleased.

Elk river paint shop, CCB

There is a paint shop at cable airport in Upland CA called Elk River.
I have had a few small paint jobs done there, and some detailing.
I have not had an entire plane painted by them, but a friend just had their 182 painted and seem happy

Back