What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Acro with outside maneuvers

Bastien

Well Known Member
I was looking on the internet for some RV aerobatic videos today and I ended up on one I did. It was roughly one year ago and I completely forgot it was online so I was a bit surprise during the first few seconds.
It is pretty long and almost not edited so not the best to see but since there are a few outside maneuvers I thought it could be interesting to share.
From what I can see in my logbook it is as for now my last aerobatic flight in the RV8. Hum, I need to get back and practice :rolleyes: !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1KstkSotPA

Bastien, I've already saw this video few months ago, and I liked it indeed!

I just added you on my Facebook friends 'cause I'm planning a long nav to France or Spain for this winter (I'm doing hours building before starting my CPL/IR training), maybe it could be the perfect opportunity to meet up and have some fun in your -8!:D

I'll let you know in the next months.
Keep sharing your videos, they're always appreciated!

Helmet

I am interested in the helmet that you are wearing, can someone give some info on it? Where to buy one, does it have internal face shields etc.????

Bird

I am interested in the helmet that you are wearing, can someone give some info on it? Where to buy one, does it have internal face shields etc.????

Bird

Seems to be an MSA Gallet Flying Helmet, very popular in redBull Air Race. I stay with my Gentex HGU-55 kevlar, cheaper and smart (2c)

The Helmet, is a MSA Gallet lh050. It has a visor (between liner and outside shell). I tried an HGU55 and if felt really uncomfortable to me (might be because it was an old one). The Lh050 is light and pretty confortable even if not has good as a Bose headset for exemple. I have no idea about the price, since it was a present from the company I am working for.

Bastion - how do you like the dual Skyviews in the 8? I'm planning on doing the same. They will monopolize the panel, but I'm ok with that. Just curious to get the perspective of someone already flying one.

If I had a dollar for every time I've watched that video this year, I'd be a rich man hah.

Bastien, honestly this very video is one of the things that pushed me over the edge in deciding to buy and build my own RV-8. I was bucking rivets with a couple friends on a wing tonight.

Back