What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 N66AU

Bad Sheila

I have closely replicated a P51 Mustang as flown by the RAAF in WWII. (with a bit of poetic license) It was done to honor my father who served in the British Army in the Royal Armored Corp. He was a Japanese POW and died in 1943.

I was only 3 years old when he died and I often wonder how my life would have been if he had survived the war. I have recently added a "Union Jack" with the Royal Armored Corp badge to honor his service. He flies with me every time "I slip the surly bonds of earth."

bad-sheila-tf.jpg

bad-sheila-side.jpg

bad-sheila-front.jpg

bad-sheila-rear.jpg

bad-sheila-nose.jpg

bad-sheila-capt.jpg

bad-sheila-dad.jpg

bad-sheila-flag.jpg

In memoriam to all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our liberty and freedom... Lest we forget.

I like this perfect image. With a chart and an old photograph.

bad-sheila-dad.jpg

Last edited:
Bad Sheila is one beautiful tribute.

I only wish you could have known your father as I have mine. He was my hero and a WWII flying VET. He was and is one the greatest men to walk the Earth.
I'll be a great pilot and man if I can stand in his shadow he cast.

Daddyman

nice

Tony,
A great flying tribute to one that has paid the ultimate.
Always liked Bad Sheila.

I don't mean to sidetrack this, just pointing out similarities. I'm working on a project that is very similar. My father in-law, George Hahn, was a Pacific Navy Aviator. He almost paid the ultimate in a F4F wildcat very early in his training. This Wildcat was fished out of a lake and is proudly displayed at the entrance of the Pearl Harbor Museum. http://www.pacificaviationmuseum.org/aircraft/F4F3 A certain RV 6 will look very similar some day :D

Last edited:
Very nice plane and even better respect. My great grandfather was a POW with Japan during WW2 also.

Back