What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy "D" Seal Issue

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Well, that's an issue. Any thoughts? Just need to get a fresh one and try to get it positioned further aft?

Basically, I guess it can't really be installed in a straight line, I'll have to curve it around the canopy skin relief.

ouA.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that's an issue. Any thoughts? Just need to get a fresh one and try to get it positioned further aft?

Basically, I guess it can't really be installed in a straight line, I'll have to curve it around the canopy skin relief.

ouA.jpg

Yup.

And Yup

I had the same issue.

As it turns out, i must of gotten lucky when Van's sent me the original material. I was going to order more but I decided to see just how much was left over from the original shipment. Turns out it was just enough to redo by a quarter inch.

I only had to move it back in the flat middle section. Each curved side fit fine.

Okay, got it, third time's a charm! My "D" seal on the canopy relief needs about 1/8 clearance at least to prevent the squishing toothpaste effect.

I had same thing first time I closed the canopy after placing that seal. I tried tucking it in as I was closing the canopy, had a friend with a plastic squeegee-type thing push it an as we closed canopy. After sitting closed for a while, It seems to remain where it needs to now. Will keep an eye on it, but it seems to work fine for now.

Back