What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wings and things

HansLab

Well Known Member
Today finally, finally fitted both wings to the fuse, together.
Thanks to this forum I was aware that this would be some travel - and indeed it was (to 'push harder' through the foam), but I brought some shingles and pressed them to their spot. Looked great!
Only to find out the electrical connectors didn't work. Both wings, no light.
Wings off a bit, widening the gold-looking connectors for a mm, so the had to touch. Wings in: no result.
Wings off, blue connector dismantled to have a bit of spare workspace. Put them on the fuse-connector: no contact (both wings!).
To be sure I didn't have this fuzz the next coming years I decided (building EAB) to remove the blue connectors and fit a mal/female connector to each and every wire.
Less sophisticated but trouble-free - specially while I don't intent to remove the wings before the 100-hr.
I read this forum and learned mos of you folks didn't have these kind of hick-ups with these connectors, so it's probably my building-error. However it works now, is protected for wear and blinks beautifully!!

now with pic

blogger.g

I have a 2010 model and instead of the socket connector screw heads contacted each other for the lights and stall warning. Needless to say the connection was poor so I bought 2 connector plugs from A/C Spruce and added about 12" of wire to eliminate that problem.

Back