What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle Cable to Quadrant Fitting

mlwynn

Well Known Member
I was not happy with how my deluxe quadrant feels. The arm tends to slightly bind in the aluminum slot. I commissioned a quadrant from Baxter that has a trim switch built in. The actual lever is 1/4 inch square with the wire running inside.

When I went to install this, I figured out that the standard throttle cable has a 10-32 threaded end. I cannot seem to locate a terminal end AN665 or similar that has a 1/4 opening and a 10-32 threaded female side. I can find it with a 1/4-28 but don't know how to reduce that without a major disturbance of the geometry of the control. Anyone run into this?

Could you attach a 1/8" thick "ear" to the throttle lever to give your clevis a place to bolt onto?

ACS has them

I was not happy with how my deluxe quadrant feels. The arm tends to slightly bind in the aluminum slot. I commissioned a quadrant from Baxter that has a trim switch built in. The actual lever is 1/4 inch square with the wire running inside.

When I went to install this, I figured out that the standard throttle cable has a 10-32 threaded end. I cannot seem to locate a terminal end AN665 or similar that has a 1/4 opening and a 10-32 threaded female side. I can find it with a 1/4-28 but don't know how to reduce that without a major disturbance of the geometry of the control. Anyone run into this?

AN665-21R $11.75 at Aircraft Spruce

Ed

Hi Michael

Do you have a 2 slot or a 3 slot Deluxe quadrant ? I have been working on a few "upgrades" to make the movement much smoother .. and also have two levels on the friction lock .. i.e. one for the throttle and one for the prop and mixture ... I am looking for a side mounted version to see how well it works ... I have a centre mounted version and so far the modifications are working well ... Are you interested in selling yours ?? If so .. drop me a PM .. or email ...

Thanks

Deluxe Throttle

Hi Jan,

If I ever get the new one mounted, I will give you the old one. It is a two lever although I have both my prop and mixture on vernier controls.

Back