What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Camping: Southeast-ish

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
So,

With the trip my wife and I planned to Ireland being on the rocks, I have a chance to do a little trip in the RV for about 5 nights in early June.

I'm departing out of Dallas and thinking about heading east and then looping north and then west/southwest back to dallas.

I would appreciate if those that live to the east could provide some advice. We are still in Spring, so the weather may be a problem, but hopefully improving. Any thoughts?

The plan is to camp, but I would like to find some interesting places, more nature oriented. With hiking or sightseeing nearby. Any good spots you have found, interesting places to see from the Air?

I know quite a few in AR, but they are a little to close for my purposes. Plan is for probably 3 major stops for about 5 nights total. I am ok with good grass strips, but my grass experience is limited.

Any advice is appreciated. or if you want to join for a leg, or stop....

Last edited:
Central NC?

Some decent sightseeing in NC. Plenty of good little strips, mountains and such. Let me know if your headed this direction and I can give you some ideas.

Some decent sightseeing in NC. Plenty of good little strips, mountains and such. Let me know if your headed this direction and I can give you some ideas.

NC is certainly in the range I am looking for. Any highlights or cool airports you can suggest would be appreciated. Thanks!

Eastern Iowa

I don?t know if you will be near east/central Iowa on your way back home, but if you are, we have a 2300 ft grass strip on our farm and a nice cabin on a pond three miles away that you would be welcome to use. And a Jeep Wrangler that you could use also.

I don?t know if you will be near east/central Iowa on your way back home, but if you are, we have a 2300 ft grass strip on our farm and a nice cabin on a pond three miles away that you would be welcome to use. And a Jeep Wrangler that you could use also.

Wow, That is a great offer, I will keep it in mind, thank you.

Back