- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopercod View Post
The Trutrak Vizion is on sale at ACS for $2,050. I wonder what it will cost when Honeywell takes over...
Ö Most likely $17,500 to $20,000 would be my guess!
Products, Tools & Services
Info@AntiSplatAero.com
Southern California (KREI)
RV-9A / Edge-540
(909) 824-1020
Old 07-24-2019, 06:57 PM

In my career as an M&A hound, I found that the best reason to purchase a smaller company was for talent & Intellectual Property (IP).

All of the other reasons (market share, time-to-market, revenue enhancement, filling product gaps, etc.) were contributing factors, but in the end the talent and IP was the long-term benefit. I think Honeywell has done well in this regard.

Integrating the two companies will be a challenge, however. I found that swapping personnel between locations really helps develop personal and professional relationships and puts in place on-site champions/problem solvers/political consultants in both locations.

More competition in our community will be a good thing, but the big prize will be next-gen electric (incl. VTOL) aircraft.

V
RV-9A complete
Harmon Rocket complete
S-21 under construction
Old 07-24-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlittle View Post
In my career as an M&A hound, I found that the best reason to purchase a smaller company was for talent & Intellectual Property (IP).

All of the other reasons (market share, time-to-market, revenue enhancement, filling product gaps, etc.) were contributing factors, but in the end the talent and IP was the long-term benefit. I think Honeywell has done well in this regard.

Integrating the two companies will be a challenge, however. I found that swapping personnel between locations really helps develop personal and professional relationships and puts in place on-site champions/problem solvers/political consultants in both locations.

More competition in our community will be a good thing, but the big prize will be next-gen electric (incl. VTOL) aircraft.

V
I've seen this many times as rationale for acquisitions but often the culture clash and big-company general bureaucracy kill the morale of the talent who leave as soon as they can....
Old 07-25-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnerb View Post
I've seen this many times as rationale for acquisitions but often the culture clash and big-company general bureaucracy kill the morale of the talent who leave as soon as they can....
Sadly, that's all too common. That's why it matters how the integration is handled. I have many examples, but this is the wrong place to discuss M&A. Back to driving (or pulling) rivets!
RV-9A complete
Harmon Rocket complete
S-21 under construction
Old 07-25-2019, 10:46 AM

This affects a lot of people now and in the future. This is in the RV General Forum and is the right place to discuss.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:23 AM

This is consistent with TT's total lack of support with my recent tech query.

Hopefully Honeywell issues a statement of ongoing support soon.

Tom
Machinery Engineer
==================================
RV-8 N269CP
O-360-A1A w/Hartzell CS prop on 100LL
Slick-IC+PMag ignitions
Steam gauges
EI UBG-16, FP-5, & MUX-8A datalogger
Garmin Aera 660
TruTrak autopilot (GPS coupled)
uAvionix Tailbeacon ADSB-Out
Infinity grip w/Matronics trim speed control
Reiff engine preheater
TCW oil cooler air damper w/servo drive
AntiSplat oil mist separator
MH O2 system

Last edited by Tom @ N269CP : 07-25-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:41 PM

Default Wait a second, I'm still here!

Now now now...I'm still here.

I know that you are all concerned about what this means for the future of TruTrak / pricing / your products, and those are valid concerns. I have been part of this industry for 20 years, and I was a kid paying attention to it for at least 10 before that. I want you all to know that I remain VERY committed to supporting the experimental (and certified) markets. We know that this market is very price conscious and don't expect you to pay $$$$$ for a $$$$ product. I also know that TruTrak has a good reputation for support (yes, we are slower now than we used to be, due to growth issues. but we are working to better that.)

I will personally still be at EVERY show I possibly can, and that doesn't mean just SnF and Osh.

We will be training BendixKing staff and taking a big bunch of our staff over as well. We are wanting to improve our support and ability to develop great products at a great price!

Now, I know that many of you are skeptical of this, but I do ask that you give me (us) a chance to show you that we are here to earn your business and continue to provide you with great products.

Stay tuned, I am looking forward to this next adventure!

RV-4 214NY "Carrie Ann"
RV-10 989TS
Always flying someone else's airplane too
EAA - 309420

Last edited by TruTrakAndrew : 07-27-2019 at 03:21 PM. Reason: I can’t complete a sentence.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTrakAndrew View Post
Now now now...I'm still here.

I know that you are all concerned about what this means for the future of TruTrak / pricing / your products, and those are valid concerns. I have been part of this industry for 20 years, and I was a kid paying attention to it for at least 10 before that. I want you all to know that I remain VERY committed to supporting the experimental (and certified) markets. We know that this market is very price conscious and don't expect you to pay $$$$$ for a $$$$ product. I also know that TruTrak has a good reputation for support (yes, we are slower now than we used to be, due to growth issues. but we are working to better that.)

I will personally still be at EVERY show I possibly can, and that doesn't mean just SnF and Osh.

We will be training BendixKing staff and taking a big bunch of our staff over as well. We are wanting to improve our support and ability to develop great products at a great price!

Now, I know that many of you are skeptical of this, but I do ask that you give me (us) a chance to show you that we are here to earn your business and continue to provide you with great products.

Stay tuned, I am going to
Great, maybe I can finally get the issues with Sorcerer resolved!

-Marc
Old 07-27-2019, 03:47 PM

Default Come see us!

Marc,

If you are at Osh, come see us! We would be very happy to help you out. If you arenít here, give us a couple days next week to get back home and situated and give us a call. We are happy to give you a hand.

I apologize for falling down on the support front in recent months. We have added staff, but not all are up to speed yet.

RV-4 214NY "Carrie Ann"
RV-10 989TS
Always flying someone else's airplane too
EAA - 309420
Old 07-27-2019, 05:24 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks Andrew, I'll call next week and hopefully be able to resolve my issues.

-Marc