What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

One tank down, one to go!!

dwranda

Well Known Member
Pressure tested my first tank and it passed on the first try. Took me a couple tries to get the balloon to not leak though. Buttoned up the other tank today and will try that one in a few days. I'm seeing the light at the end of the pro seal tunnel!!!! Sorry, couldn't get the pic to rotate.
2uomh3l.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice! I can't quite relate because I went with the QB wings, but I've used enough ProSeal elsewhere to know it's a messy job.

Pressure testing is a great excuse for grown men to play with party balloons! :D

Last edited:
Nice work. I'm convinced that the tanks are there to make the rest of the build look easy. It's funny that ever since I finished the tanks a couple of weeks ago, I've enjoyed this build so much more. Without the tips from this forum however, I doubt I could have made it.
Tom.

Outstanding

Well done. It's a great sense of accomplishment.
And yes - without the help from this forum I'd have give-up years ago

You guys aren't kidding about the usefullness of this site and other builders sites. I wouldn't have had the guts to undertake this without that help. I should have mentioned also that I also had an EAA technical advisor fly into the local airport. I picked him up and he looked over the work done so far and gave a thumbs up that everything looked good. He even gave me a ride in his RV6. Wouldn't even let me contribute to the fuel fund either. I'm meeting some great people in this new hobby of mine!!!

Back