What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Track Ted to NYC

I am home

Vlad,

Hope you get a few days off after putting in so much time this weekend.

After toured Manhattan, we went to Philly to visit a friend before heading home. It has been a great weekend trip (minus not meeting you). We had tailwind going up. On our returning trip, half the way we had tailwind too! What else can I ask. Here is the link to our trip photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/tc1234c/742009NYTrip#

Ted

:D You buzzed my workplace Ted. The Central Park Route is right above us. I am down there at E 76 Street :D

myworkplace.jpg

Nice pictures!

Too busy looking for other traffic and forgot to wave to you.:D
Usually La Guardia tower give fixed wing clearance to fly at 1,500'. We were lucky to get a "fly current altitude and cross central park at or below 2,000'" clearance. I took the advantage to fly around 1,000'. Great view!

This at 500':
IMG_4297.JPG

NY fun

After a long lunch in Doylestown, PA we made it back home (flew low and slow due to headwind). Since you mentioned it, I have to post a picture of you. It should be named: "Vlad noses the Lady".

IMG_8183.JPG

Flight path:

Track%20of%20KD8IIR%20-%20Google%20Chrome%2010112009%2065345%20PM.bmp.jpg

WOW

Finally he realized that NYC is on the other side and he turned East. I hope he was not involved in discussion with his first officer about VAF policy:D

track-1.jpg

OK we are waiting for report from you Ted why you fly Zig Zag. APRS is a great stuff to watch.

Last edited:
Back