What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cambridge (1B8) NY - Fly-in - Oct 18th

jsharkey

Well Known Member
WHEN: Saturday, October 18 (Sun. Oct 19 rain date) 9am-5pm

WHERE: Chapin Memorial Field (1B8).... 177 Plains Rd. 1 mi. north of Cambridge just off route 22

The Cambridge Valley Flying Club will host the 2014 Aviation Day/Fly in. Last year we had over 40 visiting aircraft, many of them antiques and several hundred visitors from the area. The field was crowded all day. Lot's of families and kids in addition to the pilots and planes, Some people brought their antique cars to show off.

Last edited:
Just a a quick BUMP for the Cambridge Valley Flying Club's Fly-in on October the 18th at Chapin Field (1B8) in Cambridge NY - hope to see your there.

......should be Hangar of course :rolleyes:

Nice old fashion fly-in

Drove up to this fly-in last year and it was truly a old fashioned grass strip event. Lots of nice people, good food, lots of interesting planes and a lot of fun. Recommend it highly!:)

Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation Tom!

Jim Sharkey
Treasurer CVFC

See us on Facebook at Chapin Field Aerodrome

I might fly down for this, weather permitting. A lot depends on what time my Friday evening sim session ends.

The weather forecast around here doesn?t look enticing at the moment, but those guys are wrong more often than they are right, so I?m not giving up hope yet.

What is the current condition of the turf at this field? I would like to fly in, but I always worry about my wheelpants. My next RV will have larger wheels and more clearance between the pants and the ground...

What is the current condition of the turf at this field? I would like to fly in, but I always worry about my wheelpants. My next RV will have larger wheels and more clearance between the pants and the ground...

Runway is flat and level and the turf is short and smooth. You should have no problem.

I might fly down for this, weather permitting. A lot depends on what time my Friday evening sim session ends.

The weather forecast around here doesn?t look enticing at the moment, but those guys are wrong more often than they are right, so I?m not giving up hope yet.

Hope you can make it. Lets hope the weather cooperates.

Thanks for the Ride to town

Jim,

Wanted to Thanks You for you hospitality last Sunday. The trip to the covered bridge, and lunch in Cambridge were great! If the weather holds out I will see you Saturday.

Thanks,

Joel

weather permitting I hope to be bringing
1-RV9A
1-RV6
2-RV7's
from syracuse NY
leaving 9am from kfzy and nk51.
hope to c u there
fred

Jim,

Wanted to Thanks You for you hospitality last Sunday. The trip to the covered bridge, and lunch in Cambridge were great! If the weather holds out I will see you Saturday.

Thanks,

Joel

You are very welcome. If we hadn't met I probably would never have taken the time to leave the highway and visit the Eagleville Bridge over the Battenkill River.

Back