What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ack 04 ELT Service Bulletin

Airzen

Well Known Member
I was going through the installation instructions for ACK 04 ELT and came across the service bulletin regarding Static suppressor installation:

http://www.ackavionics.com/pdf/E-04.2_Service_bulliten.pdf

The Bulletin specifically states: "All ACK E-04 406/121.5 MHz ELT?s serial number 9,650 and above kits are supplied with P/N E-04.10.1.12 static suppressors. The included suppressor is designed for use with the E-04.8 external whip antenna."

My ELT is almost three years old and with serial number in 5xxx range. Now I am wondering is how does this bulletin affects me and if I need to take any action. There is no clear guidance on the older serial numbers.

How are others addressing this issue?

Ashish

Contact ACK and ask them how to deal with it. You may be pleasantly surprised. I was.

Bevan

I contacted them probably about a year ago and was told it was not needed on my installation. YMMV.

want to dig out this old thread, as i am not sure if I have to install the static suppressor (that came with the ACK E-04 ELT) on the antenna. My understanding is that a static suppressor is not needed when the ELT antenna is mounted to an metallic airframe...?

Any thoughts somebody?

Best Regards
Kay

want to dig out this old thread, as i am not sure if I have to install the static suppressor (that came with the ACK E-04 ELT) on the antenna. My understanding is that a static suppressor is not needed when the ELT antenna is mounted to an metallic airframe...?

Any thoughts somebody?

Best Regards
Kay

Dear owners and installers. All ACK E-04 406/121.5 MHz ELT?s serial number 9,650 and above kits are supplied with P/N E-04.10.1.12 static suppressors. The included suppressor is designed for use with the E-04.8 external whip antenna. (This suppressor is not necessary with the Blade or Rod antenna since they are internally grounded.)

http://www.ackavionics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/SA_E-04.1_STATIC_SUPPRESSOR.pdf

Back