- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-6/6A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillL View Post
As a practical matter, building takes a huge amount of time and energy. You might consider selling yours, and buying the much more finished kit from Jesse Saint. It is a 6 also, but would move you down the road.

Selling, saving, waiting is not a bad course either. Maybe your wife wants to begin the building process.
Yeah, time is something I am lacking right now until I finish a&p school. Selling is my best option ( could fund my multi commercial add on) although it is hard to have it in your hands and let it go. I just have to work on getting the name changes at vans I guess. I don't have any official paperwork for it since it was donated to someone and then donated to me. Going to email vans and see what I can do.

Thanks for the responses, I should have joined this group a long time
Ago

Ed
Old 06-18-2017, 10:05 PM

Default the journey

I have learned wonderful things and talked to amazing people as I walk the path of building. a non PP kit is more of a pure blood approach to building, taking nothing away from the other paths to a flying plane. my wife is not on board with what I'm doing, I do what inspires me or I wont be who I am or the person my wife married. if the kit sits for 5 years it costs you nothing... you may gravitate to building as you accomplish previous goals and thereby put building(not necessarily completing) on your list of goals and work gradually twards it. I haven't touched my kit for 7 months as I have been working on running my business and flying and golf. I do read the preview set once a week to keep it near the front of my mind and troll here for tools and parts I need for my kit. I'm just another story and if you want to build, you will have a deeper connection with everything you fly, but if you want to fly then do so, list your goals and prioritize them and then go after them.