- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-9/9A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2017, 12:13 PM
hall monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution10 View Post
I have duel senders in each tank - I used the senders provided by CIES (think Cirrus/Beechcraft among others). Works great and is incredibly accurate. I get readings all the way to empty. Never have I experienced any deviation in reading versus actual! Highly recommended.
The single sender will provide good readings all the way to empty. It is readings from full down to about 3-4 gallons burned where the single sender is not accurate. I have flown the EI dual digital fuel gauge with the standard senders in the RV-6 since 1999 and they have been very accurate except for the top three gallons.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:34 PM

I have the standard Van's single resistive senders providing a signal to a Dynon Skyview. They appear to give a very accurate reading from 14+ gallons down to 0. As the gauge changes from 11 to 10 gallons, you can bet you have burned 10 gallons from the 21 gallon tank. If the senders were hooked to an analog gauge I would not expect that accuracy.
I had a Bonanza for years with two senders per tank. Left side was pretty good the whole scale. Right side would rapidly move from full to 1/2 tank as the first 5 of 40 gallons were used. Fairly accurate for the remainder of the scale. Could have made it better for a couple AMUs.
I am convinced accuracy has to do more with what is getting the signal rather than the sender. Thank goodness for the red cube.