VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-11-2017, 02:11 PM

Maybe a new forum folder where people can post about their digs... Then people who visit can add to the post about their experience there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1295 View Post
I would say most people are afraid to call up a stranger and ask.

If everyone that was on the list put up a quick intro, it might help break the ice of being a stranger as much.

I would assume everyone on the list wants people to call.

[ed. Most people I’ve met are uncomfortable talking about the interiors of their homes online. Weirdos of the world look for that kind of stuff. That’s why I leave it to the lister to determine how they want to be contacted. Email or phone call.
v/r,dr]

Last edited by DeltaRomeo : 05-11-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa38112 View Post
Doug, if you would like help with this I will volunteer. I would contact everyone on the list once a year to verify that their information is correct. I could possibly add a ratting system, or a way for people to leave comments and or photos under each listing...

Keith thank you. I travel on limited budget a lot and the whole idea of RV Hotel is brilliant. Previous years I planned my routes based on RV Hotel availability. However the current list is not current long time ago. I tried to contact probably 80% of listers through the years of 2010-2013. Emails usually bounce but telephone sometimes answered not always by the right person. I stayed with wonderful and interesting people of grand caliber. Always. I think the rating system is absolutely unnecessary the fact that people offer their place is worth 5 stars alone.

Numerous RVators I stayed with are not listed on RV Hotel. They usually contact me offline and invite to stay. And I do thank you very much. From Canada, Alaska to Florida and everywhere in between.

It would be great to have a condensed, active and constantly updated RV Hotel listing. Maybe even an app could be written. It would be much easier and more interesting to go on a trip like Scott Chastain did (America The Beautiful) .

[ed. Vlad! IMHO an app would make it 10 times more difficult than it is already. It’s really no trouble at all for me to update this on a daily basis, if people would send me info. The list works for those who don’t PM or email privately. What’s important IMHO is that people network when traveling. Maybe they use the list, maybe the RV White Pages, maybe PM or maybe just regular old ‘I’m going to be in….’ in the temp area. It’s all good, and hard to beat the simplicity of a simple PDF doc.
v/r,dr]

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.

Last edited by DeltaRomeo : 05-11-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Numerous RVators I stayed with are not listed on RV Hotel. They usually contact me offline and invite to stay. And I do thank you very much. From Canada, Alaska to Florida and everywhere in between.
Vlad, you're a celebrity...
Old 05-11-2017, 04:18 PM

Default Drawing pictures

Vlad,
Are u drawing pictures again! I cant keep up.

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for thier use.

Extra dues paid 2017, worth every penny

RV9A- Status: tail feathers done less tips
Wings 50%
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Old 05-11-2017, 04:18 PM

I've used it, it's the only way to travel when it fits in your travel plans! Thanks to everyone offering a place to stay/hangar/vehicle etc, I appreciate it.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:33 PM

Definitely planning to use it next spring. My son and I are planning a 48 states in 7 days trip.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Your host.

Please! Send me your listing if you would like to be listed in the RV Hotel. I’m happy to keep the list updated and always am looking for more listings!

Kindest,
dr

URL: http://www.vansairforce.net/TheRVHotel.pdf
Track me: KG5PRB
Old 05-11-2017, 04:47 PM

We have been listed for several years. It's not until recently that we've had many takers. We hope to have more. Twice recently we were a stop for Bahamas-bound RVers.
RV Hotel (hangar, room, car) at X35 in north FL

Commercial ASEL/S A&P/IA EAA Technical Counselor

Dynamic Prop Balancing, Prebuy Inspections, Condition Inspections, Repairs and Mods, Injector Tuning, Airframe, Engine, Panel Upgrades, Ferrying, etc.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:45 PM

Its my plan to RV hotel from East coast to Eastern Oregon this summer if space is available . Probably July. Ill pay , its not about the money its the just experience and meeting people that can share local knowledge. If not i will sleep in the pilot shack or under my wing, im not picky.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:50 PM

Default Stale data?

We've hosted numerous rvers over the years, but only once through the hotel list.

I've updated our listing once or twice over the years.

Doug, why not auto-PM the hotel listers a couple of times a year to ask for updates? That way you can purge non-responsive listings, and keep the list more useful.

Charlie