Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-14-2017, 01:22 PM

Ralph,

any update on your status?

I sent my unit with a non-functional display port. Everything else worked. That was about two weeks ago. Bill was very communicative until this week, then he went into the silent mode again. Voice mail on first ring, not responding to email or voice mail.

I finally got a hold of him. He gave me his cell phone last summer, so I called it as a last resort. It appears that I'm in a similar situation. He confirmed the defect, he said parts were ordered and should arrive today or Monday.

I'm a little disappointed in that when I sent it in just before the AD fiasco, it got a clean bill of health. I won't speculate what happened.

He also confirmed that the Display Port 2 issue will be fixed in the next software release, but didn't confirm when it would be released.

I do find it interesting that he had to order parts for both Ralph's and my units. I would think he would stock a minimal level of parts for incidental repairs.

bob
Old 04-14-2017, 04:23 PM

My last update was on the 6th - haven't heard a peep since.

Agreed that ordering parts is interesting - you got more details than I did.

With everything else hanging off of the AD, I would think they're not selling or shipping anything - leaving plenty of time for customer service and communications...

Since we don't know what parts or their sourcing, there's nothing to know as to what's going on.

It's possible that the parts we're both waiting for will get us both fully compliant with the resultant AD - that's my hope and reason for cutting lots of slack in this case. Having to ship it back would not be a fun thing!

My .02....
Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 PM

Actually, since I switched the gps to my gtn650, Bill validated that I had nothing to be concerned about the AD.

Who knows what parts we are waiting on. I wish he would just be transparent. He would recover his business quicker if he did. It's hard to build and maintain trust is such a small community.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:55 AM

My 430W is wired to provide the GPS my Navworx box so I think the AD should not impact me from an operational standpoint. We will most likely need to update software to correct the SIL broadcast (in case the internal GPS is set up later) and fix the display 2 issues.

I agree communication is the key to maintaining a business in an environment like this!
Old 04-16-2017, 11:04 PM

I pulled the Navworx unit from my 172. I basically was getting no GPS, went back and forth with Bill a ton in Feb and early march... extremely helpful btw. Decided to send the unit to him and that was the last I heard... although it was signed for March 14th. My unit isn't one affected by the AD but maybe it needed parts too. Just find it strange he went from fantastic customer service to absolutely nothing over the last month.
Donated for 2018
Old 04-19-2017, 07:21 AM

Last night received an email from Bill that the GPS module of my unit was repaired and that it was going to be sent back today. Can only assume they're working a backlog of incidents and problems and playing catch up. I have a lot of empathy for what they're probably dealing with right now in regards to the FAA.
Donated for 2018
Old 04-19-2017, 08:16 AM

Thanks for the update Justin - good to know about activity.
Mine went in during early March as well...
Not holding my breath - but hoping for something soon!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recapen View Post
Thanks for the update Justin - good to know about activity.
Mine went in during early March as well...
Not holding my breath - but hoping for something soon!
I don't care if I'm third or fourth in line. I understand that. I would just like for Navworx to be transparent and inform us of the status and set expectations.

I'm hoping that Ralph is next, and I'm right after him.

In the mean time, I'll be attempting to reach Bill by whatever methods available on a weekly basis.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:47 AM

Bob - let him know that we're all talking to each other, and know each others issues and timelines...maybe everyone can get updated with one contact - easier for him.

Justin will be letting us know when he actually gets his back for re-installation. That should trigger the who's next alert!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:44 PM

Bill did reply to my email request today. He acknowledged my unit was in the process of being repaired and tested. He ignored my request to set expectations on when I would receive the unit back. I'll ping him again the first of the week.