These last few weeks have seen great progress.
The horizontal stabilizer is complete less the rear spar; waiting for the rear spar to be primed before installation. The vertical stabilizer is ready to be primed, then riveted.
I had a tech counselor visit and reviewed my work to date; all is well. We went for a quick flight in his RV9; it flies really well and seems to yearn to be in the sky.
The tech counselor showed me his tungsten bucking bar, and I now own one too. This is a must have tool in my opinion, especially for the front rivets in the horizontal stab. I would recommend buying the smaller bar, something like the 1/2" x 1/2" x 4" for less than $100. I got a slightly larger one and it seems a little over kill for the tail feathers, but will probably be good for the beefier fuselage and wing rivets.
In addition to finishing the horizontal stab and making good progress on the vertical stab, I picked up the wing kit from the factory. I also picked up Proseal for the rudder and the locking gas caps. I would like to have the wings started before the New Year.
WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for thier use.
Extra dues paid 2018, worth every penny
RV9A- Status: tail feathers done less tips