VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

  #21  
Old 04-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Saville's Avatar
Saville Saville is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: KBVY Massachusetts
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceEicher View Post
You got it Gregg.
I have the bow pattern, I'll cut up some extra parts and send them your way.
Any one else, let me know.
Cheers!
I'll be happy to pay for your time and materials..only fair.
__________________
Flying RV-8 N880BC
Double the 2017 Dues - happily paid.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-23-2017, 12:01 PM
BruceEicher's Avatar
BruceEicher BruceEicher is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wilsonville/Aurora KUAO Oregon
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saville View Post
I'll be happy to pay for your time and materials..only fair.
Thanks for the offer. But think of it as a small contribution to the community that pays back dividends!
I will be in the hangar Monday night and drop them in the mail Tuesday. Hope they work well for you.
__________________
Bruce, Katie, Hana and RV-8 HulaGirl
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Onewinglo's Avatar
Onewinglo Onewinglo is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hammond, LA
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceEicher View Post
You got it Gregg.
I have the bow pattern, I'll cut up some extra parts and send them your way.
Any one else, let me know.
Cheers!
Bruce,
I'll be happy to pay for the parts if you have them. We just signed off Phase one on our -8 and I would love to make a mirror. I'll PM my address.
Thanks, JP White
__________________
JP White
RV-8 Phase 1 Complete!
Cessna 170A SOLD
2017 dues Paid
A new pilot having fun!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-24-2017, 10:12 AM
RVbySDI's Avatar
RVbySDI RVbySDI is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tuttle, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceEicher View Post
You got it Gregg.
I have the bow pattern, I'll cut up some extra parts and send them your way.
Any one else, let me know.
Cheers!
Any idea if what you have can be modified for the side by side bows rather than the 8 bow? I am interested in trying to mount a mirror on my 9A slider. I have tried the small mirrors bought at the auto parts store but can never get the velcro glue strip to stay glued. Would like to find some way to mount a mirror so if your system works for a 9 I would be interested.
__________________
RVBYSDI
Steve
RV9A
Live Long And Prosper! 🖖🏻
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-24-2017, 08:56 PM
BruceEicher's Avatar
BruceEicher BruceEicher is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wilsonville/Aurora KUAO Oregon
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbySDI View Post
Any idea if what you have can be modified for the side by side bows rather than the 8 bow? I am interested in trying to mount a mirror on my 9A slider. I have tried the small mirrors bought at the auto parts store but can never get the velcro glue strip to stay glued. Would like to find some way to mount a mirror so if your system works for a 9 I would be interested.
Hi Steve,

I don't know what the -9 or other side-by-sides have for a bow. Is the -8 unique? I use one inch of class 200 PVC pipe with about a 3/4" section cut out to make a clip over the -8's bow. If you check that out, or find another size "clip" to work, silicone glue has worked for to glue on the acrylic mirror to the plastic pipe. I will post some pictures and a link to my "instructions". Let me know if you need some parts.
__________________
Bruce, Katie, Hana and RV-8 HulaGirl
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-24-2017, 09:36 PM
BruceEicher's Avatar
BruceEicher BruceEicher is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wilsonville/Aurora KUAO Oregon
Posts: 585
Default more mirrors...

I had a few ask, so today as it rained I spent an hour in the hangar and cut up some of my acrylic mirror and PVC pipe.

PM your mail address and I will ship you two rough cut mirrors and four PVC clips. Yes, no charge. You supply a convex mirror or two.

If you look at the PDF file attached below (as published in Kitplanes) you will get the instructions needed to complete your mirrors.

(sorry this PDF hosting site is full of advertisements and false places to click, leading to more advertisements, try to find the file marked with the PDF icon and click on "Download original PDF file", good luck)
https://document.li/zHf6





__________________
Bruce, Katie, Hana and RV-8 HulaGirl
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Saville's Avatar
Saville Saville is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: KBVY Massachusetts
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceEicher View Post
I had a few ask, so today as it rained I spent an hour in the hangar and cut up some of my acrylic mirror and PVC pipe.

PM your mail address and I will ship you two rough cut mirrors and four PVC clips. Yes, no charge. You supply a convex mirror or two.

If you look at the PDF file attached below (as published in Kitplanes) you will get the instructions needed to complete your mirrors.

(sorry this PDF hosting site is full of advertisements and false places to click, leading to more advertisements, try to find the file marked with the PDF icon and click on "Download original PDF file", good luck)
https://document.li/zHf6
Bruce,

Have you found the convex mirror to be useful?
__________________
Flying RV-8 N880BC
Double the 2017 Dues - happily paid.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-25-2017, 08:12 PM
BruceEicher's Avatar
BruceEicher BruceEicher is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wilsonville/Aurora KUAO Oregon
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saville View Post
Bruce,

Have you found the convex mirror to be useful?
Yes, for checking on the GIB. Any plane would be up your tail pipe before they were bigger than a speck in it.
__________________
Bruce, Katie, Hana and RV-8 HulaGirl
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Terry Lutz Terry Lutz is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 131
Default Mirror Blanks

Bruce, I received the mirror blanks and PVC mounts today. Thanks so much for taking the time to make a batch of them. A check is going out to DR to be donated to charity. You're the best!!
__________________
Terry Lutz
RV-8 "Sweet Nancy Lynn"
www.notesfromcapejuby.com
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-28-2017, 08:51 PM
alpinelakespilot2000 alpinelakespilot2000 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbySDI View Post
Any idea if what you have can be modified for the side by side bows rather than the 8 bow? I am interested in trying to mount a mirror on my 9A slider. I have tried the small mirrors bought at the auto parts store but can never get the velcro glue strip to stay glued. Would like to find some way to mount a mirror so if your system works for a 9 I would be interested.
steve,
I just made one. Just make it roughly per Bruce's instructions. It will work just fine on the pilot side to see the pilot side of the airplane and the full left side of the HS. Hard to find a place to put it to see straight out the back though.
__________________
Steve M.
Ellensburg WA
RV-9 Flying, 0-320, Catto

Donation reminder: Jan. 2018
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.