Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-18-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromFlyoverCountry View Post
I have a fear of imposing upon people, even though I'd love it if people used the guest room at my house if they were passing through. Heck, I even have an empty hangar.

But I can see why people would be reluctant to call a stranger and ask to stay a night at their house; I know, I am.

B

I am surely that way, my dad is the opposite and in his car club world has no problems just calling people in the area based on a membership list. 95% of the time once they realize he isn't any stranger than I know him to be and is innocent they welcome him to stop by and check out cars with almost no notice, not a "hotel" adventure but you would be surprised how as humans we enjoy interactions once you get over the "stranger" part.

My plane isn't flying yet, hoping for 2018. But I have had an idea in my head of hitting 48 states and visiting 48 VAF members in the process.
RV9 #91247/#91434
Old 06-18-2017, 11:04 AM

First I've heard of this. I'll be sending my info for those passing through the DFW area.

Hangar space and maybe a guest room 6 miles away.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:31 PM

Default Just did!

Sort of...

I just checked it for the first time for an upcoming trip to pittsfield MA where I'm looking for some overnight hangarage. No luck this time, but I will be sure to add my hangar to the list and keep checking other places I fly.

Although I don't foresee myself staying the night, hotel style...I certainly wouldn't mind having an adult beverage with and meeting another RV'r at their hangar.
RV-4 / PA28-180