- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2017, 08:29 PM

Default NACA Vent to Overhead Console Transition

Working on finishing touches of the overhead console. Have two NACA vents cut into the rear sides. Will be using the Aerosports controller. OC has billet closable air vents from Stein Air so it will be pressurized when the controller is open. Question is how do you transition into the OC? Build a bulkhead with the air tubing sealed around it? Obviously if not sealed well, air will be blowing out the backside next to the rear baggage bulkhead.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 05:59 AM

Have you watched Ed's video? I'm not sure if it will answer your question or not, but it can be pretty informative. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTMgZ7jsj6E

As far as sealing the overhead console to the baggage bulkhead, I got some weather seal from McMaster. I used p/n 8507K15 from them. I left a small gap between the console and the baggage bulkhead. Then used soapy water on the Mcmaster seal to slip it into position.
That's just how I did it. There have been many different things people have done to seal that area.

RV-10
-Flying!

Dues Paid 11/3/2016
Old 06-06-2017, 06:09 AM

Just add some weather seal to the back off the overhead to seal up against the bulkhead. Then install a couple 2" flanges in the bulkhead. You can get these from Spruce.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
Just add some weather seal to the back off the overhead to seal up against the bulkhead. Then install a couple 2" flanges in the bulkhead. You can get these from Spruce.

I used 2"x1" flanges since I didn't want to cut 2 2" holes in the baggage bulkhead. The airflow in the cabin with all 4 vents open is very good.