VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 AM

Default Fuel and rudder

I'm surprised nobody mentioned managing the fuel in each wing. We change tanks every 1/2 hour to keep a relatively balanced weight in each wing. In regards to rudder trim, I have not seen an RV yet that didn't require some trim in cruise. There are all kinds of fixes for this. Check the forums for ideas.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:42 AM

Default Wheel pants create out of trim

I was searching trim issues because when I purchases mine it flew straight but had a trim tab on left rudder & left aileron. After an unrelated repair, that led me to re-configure/re-adjust the mounting of the main wheel pants, (properly aligned now) it now flys crooked. I'm going to start with removing tge trim tabs, but I can attest to the alignment of the wheel pants changing everything considerably!
Old 06-01-2017, 10:22 AM

Default Just how far off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
I was searching trim issues because when I purchases mine it flew straight but had a trim tab on left rudder & left aileron. After an unrelated repair, that led me to re-configure/re-adjust the mounting of the main wheel pants, (properly aligned now) it now flys crooked. I'm going to start with removing tge trim tabs, but I can attest to the alignment of the wheel pants changing everything considerably!
As a matter of curiosity, how far off were they? Like vertical or horizontal at the trailing edge? I tried really hard to get mine within 1/8", even uninstalled and reinstalled to be sure during the adjustment process. Just wondering how much matters.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillL View Post
As a matter of curiosity, how far off were they? Like vertical or horizontal at the trailing edge? I tried really hard to get mine within 1/8", even uninstalled and reinstalled to be sure during the adjustment process. Just wondering how much matters.
Vans reckons that 1/8" error in the trailing edge of the gear leg fairings can be enough to cause a half scale deflection in the slip/skid ball. Most builders just don't put enough time into getting their control surfaces and gear fairings properly rigged.

Last edited by Captain Avgas : 06-02-2017 at 10:02 AM.