- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-08-2017, 09:35 AM

Default Interesting discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Froehlich View Post

I design for maintaining a full panel after any single electrical power distribution component failure.

Carl
Carl, do you employ a standard AeroEectric Z-diagram to accomplish this, or have you rolled your own system or modified Bob N's in a significant way? Can you share? (Maybe you have and I don't recall seeing it over the years.)

Thanks.

Hop-Along Aerodrome (12VA)
RV-6A - N30YD - flying since '98
RV-10 - N130YD reserved - under construction

donating monthly to the VAF - thanks, Doug
Old 05-08-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Boyd View Post
Carl, do you employ a standard AeroEectric Z-diagram to accomplish this, or have you rolled your own system or modified Bob N's in a significant way? Can you share?

Thanks.
AeroElectric is always a good starting point for achieving whatever design objectives you set for your project.

I started with lessons learned from my days on nuclear submarines on how to split loads and power sources so that when you do have a failure you don't lose the world - and after the casualty you have procedures (e.g. repositioning a switch) to restore what was lost. I use two identical batteries as this also provides the robustness wanted, good cranking power and simplicity.

I'll be happy to share what I have - just send me your email address. My overpriced Verizon Fios email is currently down so it might take awhile to respond.

Carl