What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Out of phase one!

Lindamon

Let the rides begin!

IMG_31791.jpeg

IMG_31751.jpeg

Congratulations!!

Damon, congrats on your new found freedom. RV grin for sure :D

Now fix her microphone.

Now fix her microphone.

Hahaha! I thought that would get noticed pretty quickly here. I haven't had a plane to fly for about four years, and when I pulled out my old mothballed Peltor, that is what I found. My old David Clarke was in worse shape, the vinyl on the cord was coming apart, a huge mess. So all I had was my Clarty Aloft and the Peltor with the hanging mic. But we didn't let that stop us! My daughter is an aviation trooper since she was a baby. The evening was beautiful, 80 degrees and calm winds, smooth as glass, perfect!

The order is in for a new headset!

Congratulations Damon,
Stop by Capt Hiram's and have one for the both of us.

Damon,
Congratulation on the completion of you Phase 1, now the list of those who have joked with you about ever finish this thing will be standing in line for their rides.

I am having a great time being done and sharing the RV grin with a lot of folks.

68 hours

Hey! This is a ball even for an old 14,500 hr pilot and that's a fact
Jack

Well done , Damon

Now the fun starts.

We're lucky to be in FL. Seems like the ice ends at the state line as your photos show. Where are you based?

grinning and drooling

Congratulations Damon,
And hope to see you at the IAC contest in Sebring in the Spring and watch the master show those Pitts and Extras what an RV can do with a super pilot. Hope you've been practicing the 2014 Sportsman Known.
Bill McLean
RV-4 Slider
Lower Alabama

Great picture and a clear reward for completing Phase One.

I think the Peltor Mic should remain in phase one with that squawk ;)

Thanks everyone! My daughter took some great pictures, I'm glad you like them!

Bill I will be there! I haven't flown a lot of high power setting acro yet as we need to get the oil temp down some first. I'm putting in a bigger cooler. But it has plenty of power, and loops, rolls and spins are fun!

Carl, I am based at Aero Acres, FD88. I love FL living! Before moving to FL I lived in northern WI for 3 years, and after moving to FL it took at least 3 years before I even uttered the phrase "It's hot today"! :)

well wholly cow, in my back yard. congrats on another flying rv. come on over or invite us over to see your new ride. pm sent. :)

Beware!

Look out for the guy with a pirate on his V. Stab.....Nothing but trouble.

He's like the rush chairman of our fraternity.

All mic comments aside, congrats! Looks like all are having the times of their lives! Keep it up.

That Peltor looks familiar!

Hahaha! I thought that would get noticed pretty quickly here. I haven't had a plane to fly for about four years, and when I pulled out my old mothballed Peltor, that is what I found. My old David Clarke was in worse shape, the vinyl on the cord was coming apart, a huge mess. So all I had was my Clarty Aloft and the Peltor with the hanging mic. But we didn't let that stop us! My daughter is an aviation trooper since she was a baby. The evening was beautiful, 80 degrees and calm winds, smooth as glass, perfect!

The order is in for a new headset!

That Peltor looks familiar, but I think it was brand new when I wore it during the demo ride you gave me in the Pitts S2-B in KFFT many years ago! That was an experience that I have never forgotten, and will always be grateful for. Congrats on the new ride!

It is the same headset!

That Peltor looks familiar, but I think it was brand new when I wore it during the demo ride you gave me in the Pitts S2-B in KFFT many years ago! That was an experience that I have never forgotten, and will always be grateful for. Congrats on the new ride!

Hey Brian, yes you are correct! I guess I got some good mileage out of those Peltors, that was back around 1993-94, right? I remember I made a chin strap for them out of a strap of Velcro I sewed some wool onto, to hold it on during negative G! I love my Clarity Aloft, but at the time the Peltors were the most comfortable over ear sets available. Good times, I am very glad you enjoyed it as much!

And thank you, I am really enjoying my new craft, she isn't a Pitts or Extra, but very close, and a lot more practical for some x- country flying for sure. I am hoping we will fly her to Oregon this summer to visit my first grandchild, it should be a great trip!

Eric, I promise to post some acro videos as soon as I get the oil temp down some! I have done a bunch of spins, loops and rolls, but haven't tried the Sportsman yet, I want to do it at full power and my oil goes to 240 when I try that!

Back