What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transmitting APRS from Radiometrix HX1

Rocketmagnet

I'm New Here
Hi,

I am trying to transmit APRS packets from a Radiometrix HX1 transmitter.

HX1-144.390-3.jpg

And I am trying to receive the packets on my Kenwood TH-D7 (I know the D7 works because I've checked it with another transmitter)

However, no packets are getting through.

I have tried the following things already:

1. Connected the SP out of the D7 to my computer's sound card to check the received audio waveform. This looks *horribly* distorted, and bears almost no resemblance to the beautiful audio waveform that I know is going into the HX1. Sometimes I see a *very* low amplitude signal which might or might not look like the original APRS audio.

2. Tried to receive the packet on a Funcube Dongle. This time the waveform seems to be a constant 15kHz.

Has anyone else had this working? How can I go about debugging this?

Many thanks

Hugo

This post would probably get more suggestions on a forum devoted to ham radio. Our use of APRS on VAF is pretty much restricted to trackers packaged by Byonics and used in aircraft.

Perhaps anyone wanting to respond to the inquiry could do so via private messaging. This will prevent our VAF APRS forum from delving off into general ham topics.

Sorry Sam Buchanan,

I didn't realise that this was supposed to be restricted to Aircraft only. I'll see if I can find a Ham forum.

Hugo

Back