What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake & Fuel lines

PeteP

Well Known Member
The plans call for using a foam block to seperate the brake and fuel lines where they run forward on the cabin floor. How did you handle this? I can find a piece of foam and hollow it out for the lines but most foams are nasty noxius stuff if they burn and I was wondering what material everyone has used.:confused:

Pete
RV9A

I think I used that tool drawer liner material that you buy in a small roll at the Home Depot.

Yeh, It would probably burn also.

Everything has a risk associated with it.

I slipped some rubber grommets on mine before the ends were flared. I put a dab of proseal on the grommets to keep everything from moving around.

IMG2006-M.jpg

The brake lines have a loop of safety wire tying the grommets together. Very secure and no chance of any untoward vibrations.

floor insulation

as part of my insulation/fire resistance plan, I tucked a thin layer of fibrfrax? under the lines, and insulated between them with foil sandwiched batts of the looser fibreglas type.
then a top layer was glued to the tunnel cover, so when it's lifted off one can see the lines pretty easily.
just my .02

Back