What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA certification paperwork question (checklist)

Robertcropdust

Well Known Member
Hi, Can someone tell me if there is a up to date paperwork checklist online for required documents for certification? I?ve seen to misplace the info on my last build and would like the most current. Thanks

Program letter, 8130-6 (Airworthiness Application), 8130-12 (Eligibility Statement), Amateur-Built Fabrication and Assembly Checklist (Fixed Wing) if applicable, Current Registration, Weight & Balance.

No idea about online stuff, but the EAA has a great package for registration, all forms and a checklist/worksheet.

Like Mike posted, the EAA has put together a REALLY nice packet for registering your home built. It has all the forms needed and they even include examples on how to fill the various forms out correctly so it does not get bounced back to you!

FAA source

Top level stuff here, right from the official source -
Must be registered first -

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certif...ion/aircraft_registry/amateur_built_aircraft/

Details for airworthiness are here -

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/4db2c5cd655cb3cc86257647004af4ee/$FILE/AC%2020-27G.pdf

Page 39 has the application form in sample format even filled out for a RV-4

Page 58 has a nice sample program letter to give to the FAA/DAR

I just copied it and gave details to all of it's questions.

I guess this is the "checklist" for your final inspection after talking to your FAA/DAR person who will say what they want, with such things as which inspection plates should be on or off. Ask for an expanded area, I got a 100 mile radius, excluding Mexico.

Simple rule - do what the inspector wants. :)

I had the FAA do the inspection and it's easier to interface with them using their forms. I didn't find the need for any other "packages", and a few of the ones I have seen had outdated forms.

Last edited:
Back