What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoke System Hose Routing

SeanB

Well Known Member
Hello,

I'm in the process of wiring my RV7. I will install a Smoke System Helper unit as well. Does anyone have pics of how you routed the oil hose from the pump, through the main spars, and to the firewall? With all my standard access holes quickly filling with wiring, coax, and static tubing...I don't see a great pathway. Maybe add another hole in the spars per Van's specific guidance in this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Rjrk7EAkm7eS1CaEQ0RzVodXc/view

Thank you!!!

up under the passenger side rail...

the black brake hose fits perfectly up under the passenger side rail and through the very top of the cap strip (F704 / F704K) to get you behind the panel... easy routing to the firewall wherever.

Thanks

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to imagine the "passenger side rail". Are you referring to what I would call the "armrest"? I'll also need to see if that route cooperates with my Classic Aero interior panels. Hadn't thought of going up and over. I appreciate it!

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to imagine the "passenger side rail". Are you referring to what I would call the "armrest"? I'll also need to see if that route cooperates with my Classic Aero interior panels. Hadn't thought of going up and over. I appreciate it!

F-721B aft canopy deck.

top rail... above the armrest

Tucked under the top rail (above the armrest)... poke your fingers around and you will find that there is concealed space with an opening just large enough to route the line all the way from the baggage compartment to the firewall.

I don't have a specific photo of the concealed routing passthrough... you will find it readily once you look though.

Got it Stephen. Seems a good path for the pitot static line on the other side, too. This sounds much better than additional holes in the spars. Again...thanks!

I am about to install my smoker system also on my RV9a. Any pics and tips would be great . Do you have a pic of your tank and pump installed? or anyone? not sure where is the best place for the pumping best route. thanks

Thanks Sean fo the link.. Any other links with good info and pics the anyone knows? thanks..

smoke tank photos

Here are a couple of shots of mine.

The hose drop is secured with adel clamps with an in-line flow control valve between the clamps. Also have a quick disconnect with built in check valves on the line from the tank.

smoke_tank.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

Anyone got any more pump mounting ideas and hose routing to share on a 6/7/9 Thanks

Back