What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Converting Fadec back to Fuel Injection (NJ area)

dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hi all,

Been in discussions with AFP in doing a conversion of my aerosance FADEC back to Fuel Injection. Unfortunately, due to timing and the need to crack open the accessory case (to change out a gear), I am starting to lean towards doing the swap closer to home.

From what I can tell, I have all the parts for the swap aside from a couple of replacement gaskets.

Anyone in the NJ/NY area who could help me in the swap?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi all,

Been in discussions with AFP in doing a conversion of my aerosance FADEC back to Fuel Injection. Unfortunately, due to timing and the need to crack open the accessory case (to change out a gear), I am starting to lean towards doing the swap closer to home.

From what I can tell, I have all the parts for the swap aside from a couple of replacement gaskets.

Anyone in the NJ/NY area who could help me in the swap?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

I did that identical conversion on my -8 about 8-9 years ago. I opted to install slick mags and was able to use the existing mag drive gears.

Regards,
Tom

What is odd is the original engine had slick mags on it. Looking at the aerosance FADEC conversion manual, it indicates that the accessory case needed to be opened for an aerosance gear. So I assumed it would required to be opened and the old (original) put back in. Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

What is odd is the original engine had slick mags on it. Looking at the aerosance FADEC conversion manual, it indicates that the accessory case needed to be opened for an aerosance gear. So I assumed it would required to be opened and the old (original) put back in. Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

I have to admit...my memory is a bit foggy on this conversion. As I recall, the left mag drive gear was standard, the right mag drive gear had timing marks on it so that the halls sensor could read rotation for ignition. Other than that, the right drive gear was still usable as is for a slick mag install so there was no need to pull the accessory case.

Yes, from what the manual said, the fadec gear had timing marks on it. I didn't know if that meant there was something different with the gear aside from the mark. Man, if I don't have to pull the accessory case, I will be a happy boy!

D

Back