What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eclipse Photo

omrsramsay

Taken over Siletz Bay, Oregon.
rptUVLth5GgE52E78

https://goo.gl/photos/rptUVLth5GgE52E78

Last edited:
Jaw. On. Floor.

Can I go ahead now and ask for a full size of this to make the September wallpaper VAF calendar?

v/r,
dr

That's a Gopro still, it is full size. 960 is all you get. Sorry. [ed. No worries! Beautiful picture!!!!!! v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! Got a similar video shot with my Garmin VIRB but can't get a quality still with the edit software :-( Nevertheless, what an experience!

Eclipse photo

Incredible photo. Would like to share it on facebook (of course give photo credit to you) but won't do that without your permission.

Facebook share too

That is an awesome photo! I would like to share it on Facebook as well. Can credit you directly or refer in generic terms for anonymity.

Jeff

We have an RV, so there was no excuse not to be dead center of totality when the time came. We launched Saturday for Memphis for some late night downtown (tourist) adventures for a couple days. Then, Monday morning 6am, it was game on to reposition on-the-line. It was a short flight to SW Kentucky where we parked with 80 other like minded airplanes on a field that figured they could park 40 :). Perfectly clear skies for a truly amazing event. I have some pictures, but they just could never do the one I captured in my head justice. We bolted very shortly after totality and watched the second half of the show out the top of the beautiful tip-up RV canopy at 10.5k' for the next 45min.

It was a weekend mission we'll never forget with good friends. The next one is directly overhead home ON my birthday!!! Maybe I'll sweep up the chips on the shop floor and have the -8 project out of there for some sweet inside tent camping for transients...

We launched from Ashland, OR (along with a LOT of others) and followed the ADS-B traffic train toward Madras, OR. We offset to the west and I caught the shadow coming with a go-pro but haven't had time to trim it yet. As with Scott, pictures couldn't do it justice.

Scott, if you do make a 2020 campsite out of your home we'd be happy to bring the California wine to celebrate! Camp Stoller-Card?

We went up to 16.5 way up over Weiser, Idaho for the view in the totality path and shot some video/geeked out on the whole thing - it was amazing!

Back