VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Default SwitchBox

Thought I'd 'plug' a product I've had a good experience with. For those in northern climes you know how important pre-heating your engine is. If you don't live close to your hangar this can be inconvenient. SwitchBox is a device that solves this problem. It is a power switching module that operates via phone or app that turns on and off anything plugged into it. It has 2 outlets: I use one for the engine heater and one for a little space heater in the cockpit. I turn the engine on several hours before flight and the cockpit about 30 minutes. When I get to the hangar everything is toasty warm and ready to go. I had some configuring issues initially but they were solved quickly by SwitchBox. I recommend this product for anyone looking for a convenient and economical way to pre-heat their aircraft.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:58 AM

I agree. I bought a used one and needed a little help switching the service. Great customer support.
Manager - Panel Design, SteinAir, Inc.
A&P, EAA Tech Counselor

We're all here because we're not all there...