What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Do beringer nose wheels need any grease?

sritchie

Well Known Member
I know that the internal bearings are greased for life... but what about between the sides of the wheel and the bracket? I can't find anything online and would love some guidance!

I have the Anti-Splat version and, if I recall, lightly greased the axle and other bare metal parts.

I know that the internal bearings are greased for life... but what about between the sides of the wheel and the bracket? I can't find anything online and would love some guidance!

??? There should be no contact between moving parts, except at the bearings.

??? There should be no contact between moving parts, except at the bearings.

That's correct, but the plans for the normal wheels still make a note about a light coating of grease between the outside non-spinning part of the bearing and the metal brace. I was assuming it had to do with a slight flex that would take place from heat or something.

If it's the area I'm thinking of (I'm not sure) the grease is just to help keep dust and grime out of the inside where the bearings are. There certainly should never be any contact of metal to metal.

Back