What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

377KG RV7A out of Evoke Aviation paint shop

Bugsy

Well Known Member
Cant say enough good things about Jonathan at Planeschemer and his new paint shop Evoke Aviation in Gadsden Alabama. We flew the plane down from Milwaukee and boy was it worth it. Fiberglass work is perfection and design/paint job a work of art. Email Jonathan at [email protected] to take you from design to finished product. See you at Oshkosh.

Plane%201%20small.jpg

Plane%202%20small.jpg

Jonathan painted my Cirrus in January and it consistently gets comments like "that's the prettiest Cirrus I've seen". He has completed a scheme for my -8 and I was going to try and get it painted before OSH, but he said he was busy with someone he liked better :eek: Now I know who he was working with!

Seriously, Jonathan does great work and I'll be getting my -8 in for paint some time this year. Glo Custom better watch out! :D

NICE!! What a fantastic looking 7A, Bugsy.

OK, that settles it. She looks nice enough to park next to us. 😎

Nice!!!!

Jonathan is great to work with. The design service is amazing. I'm sad he was between paint shops and I committed mine to another painter. Can't wait to see Jonathan's design on my plane!!!

Awesome! No more blinding from shiny aluminum! Glad to see the "finished" airplane. Now you have to keep her clean! :D

I had to look to see how you build an RV-7 weighing only 377kg! Ah, my misunderstanding.

Anyway, very nice job and I love the "Voodoo" style Reno paint job.

Absolutely gorgeous and very well done. I'm only about 1.5 hours drive from Gadsden, so I guess I will be using them when the time comes for my RV-7 to be painted. Would you mind if I sent a PM to you with a few questions?

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and wondered "How on earth did he get an 377kg RV-7?!?"

And here was I thinking my -9 was good at 445kg empty! :D

It looks fantastic! Jonathan did a terrific job on my paint scheme, and he did you proud also!

My RV10 is there now

in pieces last I saw it. Haven't bothered him for any update yet since I knew he had a few Oshkosh paint jobs to get completed.

Bugsy the paint looks excellent!
Congratulations to you and Evoke Aviation

That's fantastic Bugsy! It was awesome to see photos of your son in the left seat recently too. Watching your kids do well is the true definition of success.

Out of curiosity to compare UK to USA, what does a full paint like that cost ?

We would expect around $7500 in the UK to get a top job done presenting a bare aeroplane.

Well....

Out of curiosity to compare UK to USA, what does a full paint like that cost ?

We would expect around $7500 in the UK to get a top job done presenting a bare aeroplane.

....check my math, but 377kg converts to 831.143 international pounds, which I understand is the UK's weight standard.

And to keep the math simple(r), assuming that an international pound equals one pound British Sterling, at today's exchange rate of 1.28739 pound Sterling per one US dollar.....that means Bugsy paid EXACTLY $1070.01.....

....give or take....

Of course, your miles may vary.

:cool:

Last edited:
A little more than that

I like you math Scroll but it more than that.

Cost depends a lot on finish work required and I had a lot of fiberglass work.

Even an all white paint job is gonna cost 10K if you have them do a lot of prep work. It well north of that for multiple colors, red paint etc

Back