What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-X/XA

HAL Pilot

Well Known Member
So accidentally came upon this page when I was searching about the RV-5.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/rv-5/

Overview
The RV-X/XA is amazing and this section is all about that. Amazing overview of the airplane and what it is and stuff.

Has this been there or is it new? New announcement soon???

The RV-X/XA is amazing and this section is all about that. Amazing overview of the airplane and what it is and stuff.

This came up when Vans launched their new site, it's just a placeholder template page as far as we can tell.

That page has been there for a while. :D Just our way of having a little fun with ya'll. That page was included as part of the new web site release we did back in January.

No new airplanes planned at the show this year, FYI. We are of course working on the next model, so that top-secret project remain in the works.

What you will see at OSH this year is...

In the booth:

• All our demo aircraft, of course
  • RV-7A QB fuselage with the new engine mount and gear option installed
  • The RV-5 will be at the booth - stop by to take a look
  • Lots of RV-4s parked together in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the RV-4, just north of the booth area in Homebuilt Parking

Forums and Events:

• Our annual Van's Aircraft Banquet is Tuesday evening at 6:00pm (tickets are on sale now on the Van's web site) -- we will have a guest speaker and giveaways
  • On Monday (11:30am Forum Stage 7) Van will be presenting a forum - 40 Years of the RV-4 - and will talk how it influenced and guided Van's Aircraft's future
  • Also on Monday (2:30pm Forum Stage 5) we will have a presentation on Designing and Testing the RV-12iS with Chief Engineer Rian Johnson and Engineer Taylor DeMan
  • On Wednesday morning at 10am (Forum Stage 5) we will present "What's New at Van's Aircraft," where we'll discuss some of the latest happenings and a little about our future
  • Thursday morning at 10am, Van will be with the RV-5 and RV-4 at the Homebuilts in Review location near Homebuilders' HQ, and will share information about both airplanes with the moderator and crowd
  • Also Thursday (2:30pm on Forum Stage 5) we'll present "Which RV is Right for me?" to help answer questions for people who are trying to decide which model best meets their needs and wants

We will update this page on the Van's web site with info as it becomes available/changes.

See you all there!

greg

RV-X/XA Oshkosh 2019

Greg,
I've never been able to attend Oshkosh, and won't be able to attend this year either. But is is possible to video record the Vans forum presentations so people unable to attend can get the benefit? I attended Arlington WA for many years to get this kind of update but Vans has not had an official presence there for a few years now and I don't intend to attend Arlington this year.
Thanks.

Back