What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing X Pro Users ?

wingx on 2 ipads

Yes, you can. It will probably take an email to them. I had it running on an older ipad, moved to a yoke mounted mini, but kept the larger one at home for planning. Had it running on both. When my subscription ran out and I reupped I did it on the mini, but it didn't follow on the older one. Still can rough plan, but don't have current charts. I could probably get it running on both again with another email, but it's not high on my list.

Yes, you can. It will probably take an email to them. I had it running on an older ipad, moved to a yoke mounted mini, but kept the larger one at home for planning. Had it running on both. When my subscription ran out and I reupped I did it on the mini, but it didn't follow on the older one. Still can rough plan, but don't have current charts. I could probably get it running on both again with another email, but it's not high on my list.

One email should be enough, I had it running on 2 iPads and an iPhone all under the same subscription

And for those new to WingX or just a bit rusty, you can use this guide as either an intro or to brush up... http://bit.ly/2cvFoQB

Just like any other apple ap, it runs on both our iPads. No emails, since they are on the same account, I just installed it.
Tim Andres

Dual Ipads

Just like any other apple ap, it runs on both our iPads. No emails, since they are on the same account, I just installed it.
Tim Andres

That has not been my experience. I've been using it now for 3+ years, I think. My second ipad wouldn't work until I emailed them. All using the same account/email address.

email not needed

when I emailed them to ask this question I was told to just install the app on the second device and log in. You might have to tap "sync account" but that's about it. WingX doesn't have to do anything from their end to make this work.

Cyber Monday Deal...did you get yours?

I received an email that offered a WingX Pro7 update for only $19.99 and the year is added on to your existing subscription. Not a bad deal! If you go in to your subscription information on your device you will see the offer/price.

I received an email that offered a WingX Pro7 update for only $19.99 and the year is added on to your existing subscription. Not a bad deal! If you go in to your subscription information on your device you will see the offer/price.

I was alerted by one of the members of our chapter just in time to get this deal. Unbelievable what's included. Can't wait to put it to use.:)

I was alerted by one of the members of our chapter just in time to get this deal. Unbelievable what's included. Can't wait to put it to use.:)

And an even better deal: if you hold a cfi, or are on active duty in the military, they'll give it to you for free, including geo-referencing.

WingX

I've been using WingX for 2 years, it takes up half the space of Foreflight and works in the jet or my RV6A. Takes a little time to learn all the features.:)

when I emailed them to ask this question I was told to just install the app on the second device and log in. You might have to tap "sync account" but that's about it. WingX doesn't have to do anything from their end to make this work.

Well, I gave it another try today, cleared my login and password and started over and it now works on my spare ipad.

Thanks,
Jeff

So there are a lot of people trying WingX for the first time with the recent cyber Monday special. To help with the learning curve, there is a WingX user guide created by a local AZ pilot. This was not done for financial gain but if you feel it is worth something to you, please consider donating your money to one of your local food banks. Lets add a bit of cheer to those less fortunate than ourselves.

http://bit.ly/2cvFoQB

Foreflight

New thing to me on Wing X Pro, an orange dot associated with some airports with a number in it. There are also some green dots with numbers in them. Pretty sure it?s weather related. There was an update and they just appeared. Anyone have a definition.

Looks like your airport conditions, top right hit arrow down, then tap airport conditions, then choose another, like 100LL prices.

Yes, it depicts different weather options like temp, DA Etc

Been there for at least a few years I believe and is in the user guide.

Back