What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar space in north GA

smoke

Does anyone have, or know of any hangar space for lease? I have an RV-4 that I would like to move from Texas.
I will be starting my hangar project in Jasper shortly.
I will live in Roswell.
Thanks in advance

I grew in Roswell and would love to move back there and honestly one of my biggest issues is that there is no GA that is close to Roswell. Depending on where you are moving to in Roswell will get you the best answer. I have a long list of recommendations depending on where you will be . . . PM me and I'll be happy to discuss with you. I'm sure we can find a home for RV somewhere, it may not be very convenient.

Hangar space

Got some hangar space at 20GA but it is a ride from Roswell. Use to have a -9A driver based here.

McCollum Airport

They have hangar space available at McCollum (KRYY) in Kennesaw with Hawthorne Aviation. About 30min from Roswell. I just moved my plane from there to 20GA. The only down side is that they put all the planes in giant maintenance hangers and you have to call ahead and have them push and pull your plane in and out of the hangar for you. If you don't mind the "hands off" thing it might be a good short term location.

You might want to check Canton / Cherokee Co. KCNI

20 min drive from Alpharetta up hwy 140 then 575??
Jimmy or Keena usually can find space for you. This issue is the tail dragger, most common hangars don't want to fool with a tail dragger since they use a tug to move aircraft in and out and need to connect to a nose wheel.
However, when I bought my -8, Jimmy found a place for me in a 4 place hangar so it was almost like having a private hangar. With my -10 I am in the common hangar since it would not fit, but its tricycle gear so it works out.
Final note: they are doing some major work at the airport right now and getting ready to tear down some hangars, so if you do get in, you may have to continue to look as it may not last longer than 6 months?.

Good luck:)

Back