What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOG in Ohio

Raven31

Anybody in the Middletown OH area have a plane power alternator I could get home on and ship back to you?

Rob

Anybody in the Middletown OH area have a plane power alternator I could get home on and ship back to you?

Rob

Hartzell's Service Center is about 50 miles directly north of you in Piqua. I have no idea if they stock any alternators (they may all be in Alabama), but it's probably worth a call now that Plane Power is now a Hartzell company.

Often the local alternator shops can also rebuild the PP alternators from parts in stock. Our local guy has repaired a few of them.

PS. The local guy's parts seem to outlast the OEM PP ones. :)

Often the local alternator shops can also rebuild the PP alternators from parts in stock. Our local guy has repaired a few of them.

PS. The local guy's parts seem to outlast the OEM PP ones. :)

Just dropped it off at a shop in dayton

Huge Help from Jon

After being frustrated with this alternator light issue I decided to leave upstate NY with the plane as is to get out before a lot of snow fell. I made it to Middletown OH and that's where the alternator gave out. Lesson learned about pushing to fly with something obviously wrong with the plane. Per the advice of the gentlemen who built my -8 I put up a call for help on VAF. I got a message from Jon who happened to be 5 min away. He brought a new alternator and that fixed it. I did bring mine to an alternator shop and had it repaired before I got in contact with Jon. Opted to go with the new one as a good portion of my return flight was now going to be at night .. 6.3 later and I'm home. Many thanks to Doug for this site and the awesome folks who contribute and help others in need. Thanks Jon!!!

Back