What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost RV 14 seat mod question

Maxrate

Well Known Member
Patron
2059-lrg.jpg

I wanted to see if anyone has any feedback using the ASA almost RV14 seat mod with the "Aviator seat" from classic aero. if you have this set up could give a report it would be greatly appreciated.

No issues

I had aviator seats in my RV6 with RV14 mod. The mod does not change anything in the seats you can use. Just reclines the seat a bit and makes it look a lot nicer getting rid of that ugly bulkhead.

egac08.jpg

Steve,

Just the info I was looking for. Was trying to figure out how the longer more slender aviator seat would fit with the mod!

Aviators

I have the Aviators with headrest in my RV-9A. When I installed the almost a 14 mod I noted that the black plastic "striker" plate on the back of the seats no longer match up to the bar. I don't use the braces that prop the seat forward and as such the seats sat back against the bar. Eventually this started to take a toll on my seat backs so I designed, cut and installed a new set of seat backer plates to protect the back of my seats. No problem and works well. I love both my seats and my Almost a 14 mod. Sorry no pictures after I installed the new plate but it fits perfectly and now my seats are protected.

test template on the seat.
2017-04-13%2B19.27.01.jpg

Newly cut plastic striker plate after cutting it on the CNC.

2017-04-16%2B10.47.32.jpg

Back