What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear seat side vent

scorwin

Got a ? for everyone regarding the rear seat side vents. Mine are pretty difficult to open. Is that typical?

While I don't want them opening/closing at any small gust of wind, should they move freely or only with force?

Thanks
Shawn

Mine are just right. Easy enough for my toddler to open, but sticky enough that they don't blow open on their own. I do have the handle extensions on them as part of the Aerosport interior panel set.

3D Print?

Anybody have, maybe, a 3D print solution for the RV10 rear side vents? I'm thinking maybe something like what Aerosport has but without the whole panel.

Mine are fixed closed. The NACA vents feeding the overhead console provides all the cool air needed.

-Marc

On the ground

Mine are fixed closed. The NACA vents feeding the overhead console provides all the cool air needed.

-Marc

Just a question from hot AZ. :)

I'm planning the same OH vent setup... do the vents provide reasonable airflow on the ground while taxying?

It?s something to figure out. I didn?t tighten the nur enough at speeds 170 kt + . It?s hard to tighten if you have the aerosportproducts console.
Mike

Just a question from hot AZ. :)

I'm planning the same OH vent setup... do the vents provide reasonable airflow on the ground while taxying?

They do provide air while taxiing, but it's not the same as in flight (obviously). In AZ I would be using my ice-chest air conditioner a whole lot more.

Our son lives in Surprise, and it get too darn hot there during the summer months.

-Marc

As said “it’s a feel thing as far as tightness goes, trial and error” a little Armorall on the nylon washers make them slide nice as well. I’ve found they are Easy to push out but a little harder to close, drill a hole and install a good quality key ring for pull closing. They work well when taxying on the ground, and I like to make use of them combined with open front vents to provide air circulation when the aircraft is parked.

Back