What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jay Pratt?s Eyeball v2.0 Upgrade

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Jaybird, I just read what you wrote in another thread:

?Many reasons to give thanks. Today November 29th, was special for me. I made a short flight, my first in several weeks. I had cataract surgery and two lens implants. I am now able to see 20 20 without glasses. My flying was going to come to an end, except for the miracle of modern medicine, and My friend and doc who flys a RV8?​

I am soooo glad you had that done, it went well, and that you?re back in the air! The air around N.Texas doesn?t feel right unless you?re stirring it up.

Br,
Dr

PS: I took the RV up for a short deer counting session this morning, but it probably wasn?t as satisfying as your flight.

Thank You

Thank You Mike and Doug!

I did a little tour of our neighbor hood north of Denton, Texas, landed at Freedom,7T0, and over to Shad's farm strip. Just happened to have my rifle. I was alone out there, so was able to shoot at some targets across Toms Pasture. I am amazed at my new vision. I hit pretty well at 125 yards. My 'new' used 30 30 Winchester works pretty good to.

I have a new lease on life and flying. I have 4619 hours logged as of today. Before this surgery I Did not think I was going to make 5000,,, but now I am hoping for 6,000!
Life is good.

Last edited:
Sweet

Way to go Jay. I have heard a lot of good things about that surgery. Glad to hear it went well for ya.

Next time I am up that way I plan to stop in and meet you!

Keep on keepin on!

Glad you're doing great, Jay!

And thanks for calling me the other night. It was great chatting with you!

Congratulations Jay. My Crystalens' just turned one year old earlier this month.
Wore glasses from the 5th grade until the age of 69. No more!
Isn't it great?

Congratulations Jay. My Crystalens' just turned one year old earlier this month.
Wore glasses from the 5th grade until the age of 69. No more!
Isn't it great?

Mel or Jay, I?ve been considering the Crystalens option purely for close-up and distance vision correction (I have no cataract). I?d be interested in hearing more about your experience. How would you rate your post-procedure vision in the near, intermediate and distance ranges? How about glare and/or halos at night? Appreciate any feedback that you?re willing to share. Thanks!

Congrats

Thank You Mike and Doug!

I have a new lease on life and flying. I have 4619 hours logged as of today. Before this surgery I Did not think I was going to make 5000,,, but now I am hoping for 6,000!
Life is good.

Congratulations...... !! Onward and upward as they say....

Jay, I had Crystlelens put in 08. Love mine. 20-200 to almost 20-20. AMA told me the same thing. Had to do something. Dr. Dell in Austin did mine. Last medical, no restrictions!

To Pilot Pratt...

Excellent,
I should have mentioned to you earlier I had both eyes done in '02. 20/20
with astigmatism in left eye, 20/30 astigmatism right eye:p

Thank You Mike and Doug!

I did a little tour of our neighbor hood north of Denton, Texas, landed at Freedom,7T0, and over to Shad's farm strip. Just happened to have my rifle. I was alone out there, so was able to shoot at some targets across Toms Pasture. I am amazed at my new vision. I hit pretty well at 125 yards. My 'new' used 30 30 Winchester works pretty good to.

Life is good.

Congrats Jay. Happy to hear it all worked out well.
I had the procedure done a couple years ago. I see 20/20 & 20/15.
My years of running ultraMarathons in the sun caught up to me. My Dr was one the ones to develop the procedure. He was an ultraMarathon & Triathalon runner too. He actually purchase the rights to the Iron man a few years ago.

Who was that, Dan?

Congrats Jay. Happy to hear it all worked out well.
I had the procedure done a couple years ago. I see 20/20 & 20/15.
My years of running ultraMarathons in the sun caught up to me. My Dr was one the ones to develop the procedure. He was an ultraMarathon & Triathalon runner too. He actually purchase the rights to the Iron man a few years ago.

Dr Gills in NPR?

The only problem with getting news lenses is seeing how ugly your friends really are! ;)

Congrats on the successful eye surgery Jay. :D

Back