What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where is Catto Propellers?

RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
Anyone know if catto is at osh? Can find them on the list of vendors. I am surprised that they would miss such a large customer base.

He's already got all the business he can handle right now given the long waiting list for his props. I was looking for a Booth too but did not find one.

I talked to him on the phone just a few days ago.
He wasn't at Oshkosh then. He's pretty busy.

Its not just the booth prices. Its all the other overhead that goes with doing a big show like Osh, or even Sun N Fun. Like Craig, I hate NOT being there, but sometimes business gets in the way.
Tom

Its not just the booth prices. Its all the other overhead that goes with doing a big show like Osh, or even Sun N Fun. Like Craig, I hate NOT being there, but sometimes business gets in the way.
Tom

The same appears true with Don at AFP.

Oshkosh is great for getting a product exposed and mass marketing like ACS and other large companies. But the return for some well established vendors is questionable.

I very much appreciate the direct contact with guys like Allen Barrett at OSH and hope the cost of their being there is worth it.

Catto is already selling more props than they can produce in short time so OSH would be a waste of money for them. Put certainly his being there would be appreciated as it would be with Don Rivera.

PS ....about decided the 8 will have a Barrett engine with AFP and a Catto prop....:)

Last edited:
I'm anxiously waiting for the 3rd propeller I've purchased from Craig. I will be selling the second one with about 250 hours on it as soon as the new one gets installed.

Craig is very accessible by phone to answer questions. The quality of his work is outstanding. As others have said....he's got a bunch of business and it's likely more cost effective for him to stay in CA and work on props!

Jay, I know you wrote a long reply. Deleted it. and PM'd Bob. But, if the content is not confidential, I'd be interested in the "new thread" option. I recently had Crag build me a propeller and I've been testing it for two weeks. It will go back in another week or two. Craig may or may not adjust the pitch.

I'd be interested in a new thread if you are up for it.

Jay, I know you wrote a long reply. Deleted it. and PM'd Bob. But, if the content is not confidential, I'd be interested in the "new thread" option. I recently had Crag build me a propeller and I've been testing it for two weeks. It will go back in another week or two. Craig may or may not adjust the pitch.

I'd be interested in a new thread if you are up for it.

(Clarification - I meant "deleted" it accidentally.)

OK - go here

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=89128

Last edited:
Back