What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Koger Sunshade

JohnF

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed a Koger Sunshade on their RV-12? How hard to do? Comments would be welcome.

John, the Koger on a tip-up RV-7..

..or-9 would more than likely fit, since Koger supplies a double-sided tape adhesive for tip-ups. I had a slider -6 and it came with a drill, tap and screws that attached to the fore-aft brace. Yesterday, I saw a friends tip-up -7 with a Koger and my opinion is that the curvature of the aluminum attach channel would have to be bent to conform to the -12's shape,

Best,

The Koger sunshade fits like a glove on my RV-12 and is so easy to install. After 75 hours flying in our Australian Summer I would hate to be without it.

Tony

I've got one in New Blue. Without it I would have cooked during 5 hours of flying just yesterday. The side vents do a good job of keeping you cool, but you need to keep those rays off.

When you install it, make sure to bend the track to exactly fit the inside contour of the canopy or eventually the stickies will let go. Yes, that's experience talking.

Well worth the $$.

Shade

Had one in the -6 and installed one in the -12 before flying it. Shade is in short supply in the -12 canopy and I don't think people would last very long without having one of these. Easy to install and worth every penny.

Rich

Back