VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-23-2018, 08:45 PM

Default SOLD PENDING FUNDS - FS - (2) GRT 8.4 Horizon HX EFIS screens

I have two (2) GRT 8.4 Horizon HX EFIS screens for sale. SteinAir convinced me to upgrade my HX 8.4's. Package includes:

2 - HX 8.4 inch screens
2 - ADHRS
2 - Magnometers

$4,500.00 includes shipping.

Send me an e-mail to jayconlin...at... hotmail.com for pictures.

Last edited by Redmantice : 01-26-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:24 AM

Default PM sent

Sent you a PM.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 01-24-2018, 07:50 AM

I have made a couple high dollar transactions with Jay and will vouch that he is a good person to do business with. Dave

RV-9A: Under Construction
RV-10: N959RV Completed 12/29/2013 SOLD 08/23/2016

"Donor Exempt" but donated through Dec. 2018
Old 01-24-2018, 02:43 PM

Default GRT Units

If these are the newer HXR8A2 Dual screen package, I'm very interested in puchasing.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 PM

Dave - I appreciate the endorsement.

The screens are not the HXr version. They are simply the HX version.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:15 PM

Default Upgrade??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmantice View Post
SteinAir convinced me to upgrade my HX 8.4's.
Stein convinced you to spend a ton of money for little or no reason. I am sure he convinced you to buy a complete Garmin suite. He tried to do the same thing to me but I didn't bite, he seems to be so embedded with Garmin that it has clouded his judgement.

For a fraction of what you are about to spend you could have upgraded to the GRT 8.4" HXr touch, which is what I have done and I love it.
Home field is Waterloo Regional Airport (CYKF) Ontario Canada,

2018 VAF dues paid.

Link to my build site:
https://ivankristensen.smugmug.com/B...ENTAL-aircraft
Old 01-24-2018, 09:47 PM

Ivan, It was actually Stein's price that convinced me to upgrade. I have purchased 3 complete panel systems from Stein over the past few years. His quality of work is second to none and in my opinion his prices have always been reasonable.

Wow... 1035 hours since 2010... Sounds like you are enjoying your RV10. They certainly are capable aircraft!

Last edited by Redmantice : 01-24-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:15 AM

Default Stein quality of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmantice View Post
Ivan, It was actually Stein's price that convinced me to upgrade. I have purchased 3 complete panel systems from Stein over the past few years. His quality of work is second to none and in my opinion his prices have always been reasonable.

Wow... 1035 hours since 2010... Sounds like you are enjoying your RV10. They certainly are capable aircraft!
I would certainly never question the quality of work from SteinAir, I too purchased my complete panel from him in 2009 and I was happy with the result, I would buy from him again. About 18 months ago I traded in my GNS430W for an Avidyne IFD440 when Stein offered it at a very attractive trade-in price.

However, last year at Oshkosh I overheard Stein say to a crowd of people at the RV-10 BBQ and I quote "for experimental EFIS' there is only Dynon and Garmin, everyone else is irrelevant" Well, excuse me Mr. Stein, when I fly behind my panel, which I paid you over $40.000.00 for with two GRT EFIS screens, I don't feel particularly "Irrelevant"

That comment made me walk away very disappointed that a man like him would make such a statement. Those companies are big and have good reputations, but being big is not necessarily better.

We need to continue to support the smaller independent companies so the can stay in business in order to keep the big companies in check with both price and quality.

My 2 cents worth, for what that is worth....
Home field is Waterloo Regional Airport (CYKF) Ontario Canada,

2018 VAF dues paid.

Link to my build site:
https://ivankristensen.smugmug.com/B...ENTAL-aircraft
Old 01-26-2018, 09:04 AM

I think (know) you misunderstand the OP's original post.

We didn't convince this customer didn't upgrade to Garmin, we upgraded him from regular old GRT screens to NEW bigger HxR GRT screens!....which is why he's selling the smaller regular screens.

Kind of like what you would have recommended!??!?! GRT for the win!

Cheers,
Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Kristensen View Post
I would certainly never question the quality of work from SteinAir, I too purchased my complete panel from him in 2009 and I was happy with the result, I would buy from him again. About 18 months ago I traded in my GNS430W for an Avidyne IFD440 when Stein offered it at a very attractive trade-in price.

However, last year at Oshkosh I overheard Stein say to a crowd of people at the RV-10 BBQ and I quote "for experimental EFIS' there is only Dynon and Garmin, everyone else is irrelevant" Well, excuse me Mr. Stein, when I fly behind my panel, which I paid you over $40.000.00 for with two GRT EFIS screens, I don't feel particularly "Irrelevant"

That comment made me walk away very disappointed that a man like him would make such a statement. Those companies are big and have good reputations, but being big is not necessarily better.

We need to continue to support the smaller independent companies so the can stay in business in order to keep the big companies in check with both price and quality.

My 2 cents worth, for what that is worth....

Last edited by SteinAir : 01-26-2018 at 09:13 AM.