What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Koger Sunshade

Oh learned ones. Just realized the Koger Sunshde comes in 2 different sizes. What's the general opinion for an RV6 slider? Large or Small?

Pat

A better solution Windows Film

I removed the Koger Sunshade and installed darkly tinted Windows Film from Walmarkt for $12.

Works great. You can still look through.No blind spot.

Cut it in 6 to 8 pieces. Put it on the outside and cut it in form.

Thereafter spray water on the inside and put it on place.

Detlef

Kind of a lousy response

Pat with all those sunshades out there I figured everybody would be chiming in on this one. :confused: I have a 6 slider also and have been waiting for a response. I didn't even know they came in two sizes. Thought I'd bump your request to the top so it wouldn't die off. Hope somebody has an opinion.

According to Van's Accessories Catalog, sliders can use either size, both sizes are made for side by side sliders. Tip ups have one size available from Van's.

Check out Van's Accessories Catalog for a more complete description.

I bought mine from Vans

The bubble canopy is wonderful on a beautiful New England fall day. It is miserable on a hot, humid, sunny summer's day when the sunshade is a Godsend. It's also easy to slide back in flight when needed.

Jim Sharkey
RV-6

All is Clear

Check out Van's Accessories Catalog for a more complete description.

Thanks Wil
Just reading the info on Van's site explains it clearly.
I haven't looked in a while and I'm thinking the larger Super slider model is somewhat new.
Always planned on ordering one but only recall them having one size.
Glad I waited.

Larger

Go for the larger with the slider. If you don't, it won't cover the baggage area.

I wish mine was longer.

Oh, and I wish it came in a solar screen material too.

Last edited:
It sounds like the "large" model is just longer, not wider? For what it's worth, I have the sunshades on my tip-up, and find that if you need more "width" to the coverage, you can slide the fabric off to the side a bit and bring the free end down the side of the canopy. Works week when the sun is getting low.

Back