What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA Visit

Capt

Well Known Member
Hi fellow aviators:)

Sometime in the near future (next 12 mths) am planing my first visit from down under to mainland USA (been to Hawaii a couple of times) & am wondering whether anyone could give me some advice on the procedures for hiring a plane in the States to do some touring & where to start an adventure. Would be nice to do so in an RV especially an RV8 with conventional U/C but that's probably unlikely. I have 37 yrs flying behind me, C150 thru to Airbus, now retired. Would love my own RV8 but they are few & far between down under.
Thought I'd start this thread off here but if someone here knows of a better thread then please point me in the right direction thanks.

Cheers to you lot on the other side of the planet!:):)

Here in the states EAB aircraft cannot be used for compensation or hire - so you won't be able to rent an RV-8. If you'll be near SFO I'd be happy to offer a ride in a -10.

Hi Bob.
I thought that would be the case not being able to get hold of an 8.
I haven't planed my trip as yet so thought I'd start here first with like minded fellow flyers:)
Am looking fwd to a visit, we down under look upon you guys as the father of aviation & we are but just infant kids:)

Back