What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

front seat restraint belts

burgessbuilderMO13

Has anyone come up with a good attachment for a crotch strap on the front seats. Am I missing something?
Rear seat attach point is built in, but due to the movement of the front seat, it gets more complicated.
Dale

I chased my tail on this for a long time. The only viable approach I've seen is the crotch strap attached to a cable that goes through the seat and then attaches to the seat rear bar. This way the crotch strap slides with the seat.

After doing all this, I finally decided to not add the crotch strap in the front. I did keep them in the back.

Carl

I opted to not use crotch straps in the front or rear. I didn't install the lugs for the rear seats either.

5-point

I added the lower (or 5th) strap. I just followed someone advice from the forum and attached it by adding a an3 bolt under the seat. It clears the seat easily and helps to ensure the seat belt doesn't ride up. Not sure if it is structural but can't hurt.

BTW the guys at crow initially sent me a 4 peace kit for my forward seats, but when I called and asked they quickly followed up with the lower straps at no additional cost.

Back