What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GoPro 2

Christopher Murphy

Well Known Member
hi
I have the hero 2 and sometimes it just turns on by itself. Does anyone know if there is a setting that causes it to randomly turn on?

cm

Gopro 2

I've never seen one do this. Do you have the WiFi back on it? My first suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest firmware loaded into the camera.

Yes, My Hero3+ turned on while in my pocket one day while I was in Vegas. I think I had the Wifi turned on, so assumed it was just operator error or someone elses signal.

I've never seen one do this. Do you have the WiFi back on it? My first suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest firmware loaded into the camera.

Yes, I had many issues with my gopro 2 over a 6 months period. It would shut off and not turn on to the point I thought the battery was shot!

It would not start up using the iphone or ipad app and you could not see anything in the view finder mode on the iphone/ipad.

Finally after the 6 months they updated the firmware and apps to the point where it is usable again.

I have the Gopro 2, wifi bacpack and remote (which is no longer needed due to the app).

Back