VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-31-2018, 04:06 PM

Default Beringer ALIR review

I am currently building the RV14 and have purchased the Wheels/Brakes from Beringer (Fuselage/Finishing kit with co-pilot brakes), but opted to not purchase the ALIR anti-skid regulator. Was hoping for a review from any of you who have spent the extra $400 for this item-worth it?
Old 01-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Yes, I installed it.
First for safety : the aircraft stays in line when braking, you can set the brake power. And I paid this option $170 in 2016.
RV 14A - #140252 - Flying
France
2018 dues paid
Old 01-05-2019, 07:03 AM

Default Anti-skid pricing

Valve can be purchase for $ 230.00 USD from Steve at Aircraft Specialty who provides nice customer support.

Aircraft Specialty <aircraftspecialty@gmail.com>
Old 01-05-2019, 12:57 PM

When I ordered my Beringer brakes/wheels kit I wasn't really aware of this option or the parking brake option. I won't try to make any changes prior to flying but wondering how hard it would be to add later - say first annual or so, and like the OP interested in opinions as to value.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnerb View Post
When I ordered my Beringer brakes/wheels kit I wasn't really aware of this option or the parking brake option. I won't try to make any changes prior to flying but wondering how hard it would be to add later - say first annual or so, and like the OP interested in opinions as to value.
Turner,

Here is a picture of the Beringer Cabin package with both a parking brake and anti skid valve installed.

I know you have a 14A......this is pictures of a 14. I'll have picture of 14A installations in about 2 months.

In short...it should be a fairly simple retrofit. If you want to utilize our hoses, we would break out the kit to give you only what you needed. The ALIR valve and PB valve come with mounting brackets which makes it easy. If your pedals are the furthest forward position (which is not what most people are doing), it requires a bit of a change on the ALIR valve bracket. Otherwise, everything should go into place easily.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Tom or I.

Sounds like you are getting close! Congrats!
Steve

aircraftspecialty@gmail.com

www.aircraftspecialty.com
www.asflightlines.com
Old 01-06-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircraft Specialty View Post
Turner,

Here is a picture of the Beringer Cabin package with both a parking brake and anti skid valve installed.

I know you have a 14A......this is pictures of a 14. I'll have picture of 14A installations in about 2 months.

In short...it should be a fairly simple retrofit. If you want to utilize our hoses, we would break out the kit to give you only what you needed. The ALIR valve and PB valve come with mounting brackets which makes it easy. If your pedals are the furthest forward position (which is not what most people are doing), it requires a bit of a change on the ALIR valve bracket. Otherwise, everything should go into place easily.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Tom or I.

Sounds like you are getting close! Congrats!
Steve
Thanks Steve - I'll probably look into this once flying!